Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm in L-O-V-E!

This Coral vine in my backyard brings a smile to my face. The delicate bright pink blooms look lovely hanging from tendrils that are climbing along the fence. The heart shaped leaves are pretty spectacular as well. This vine stayed green and lush all winter thanks to our mild temps. It was planted last year and there were very few blooms. Looks like it is making up for it this year. Maybe it just needed to get established. I'm completely enamored with this vine.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful vine and it stays green most of the time. I need to find one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stayed green last winter. I think if we have a cold winter it will die back, but come up again from the root. I think it is a tender perennial. Here is more info on it: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/newsletters/hortupdate/2008/sep08/Coralvine.html.

      Delete
  2. It is so sweet. What a nice little flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blooms do resemble pink little shells. I hope my neighbor likes it because it is growing up in their tree:)

      Delete
  3. I have one. It died back here last winter. But, we seem to get a bit colder here. It came back in late spring, though.
    Mine is not blooming like I would like. I think it needs more sun. So, it'll get moved this fall.
    They are pretty, and tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, they are tough. We planted ours during the drought last year and it did great. I think mine needs more sun as well.

      Delete