Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Year Blogiversary

image via http://savourthesensesblog.com/



What my little gardening blog has taught me:



Blogging is a great creative outlet

You are able to share your passion with others who have a similar interest

It is educational. I've learned so much by reading blogs

It provides inspiration to you and others




I started this blog to chronicle our garden at our new home. Leaving my old garden was hard. I felt attached to it. I knew that someone would enjoy it and find pleasure in it. 

What is it about gardeners that is so special? Gardeners tend to have a greater appreciation of nature and beauty in the world. They tend to look at blooming weeds as flowers. They pay attention to the seasons and wildlife around them. Gardening is nurturing. It keeps us grounded and connected.

A big thank you to all that follow this blog. It has been a pleasure reading your comments. It is nice to know there are fellow gardeners out there that can relate to the joys and trials of gardening.




9 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary!!
    You're doing a great job. This is fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. It is fun. I love reading blogs. Never thought I would start one:)

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary to you! So glad to have come across your blogs. I love them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cat. Wow...Does time fly. Last year I was talking about the heat. I probably could use the same post for this year;) Thanks for following along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I've enjoyed reading your blog and these inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks Shirley. It has been a great experience for me. Thanks for supporting my little blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your blogiversary! My how the time flies. Thanks for sharing trials and joys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm new here but Congrats! I'd also like to make the quick comment on one line you wrote, "They tend to look at blooming weeds as flowers."

    A belief I've long held is, 'There's No Such Thing as a Weed. It's Just a Plant In the Wrong Place at That Time!' And by that definition, ANY Plant can be a Weed, IF it's in the Wrong Place, And thereby making ALL Plants 'Flowers' also. So You're Right! Weeds Are Flowers!
    -Rich

    ReplyDelete